The Library welcomes your children to our library. In order to make the library a safe and pleasant environment for your children and others, the following rules have been established.
1. Children under the age of eight are not permitted without a parent/caretaker. Parents/caretakers are responsible for their children when they are in the library.
2. A parent/caretaker must remain in the building while children under age eight are attending special story times.
3. Children between the ages of eight and fifteen may use the library in an appropriate manner without parental/caretaker supervision.
4. A child whose behavior is disruptive (loudness, running, rudeness to others) may be asked to leave the library after receiving one warning. More significant or repeated disruptive behavior may result in limited library access.
5. The Britton Public Library and staff are not responsible for the welfare of the children who are left unattended in the library.
6. Please arrange to pick up our children before the library closes. Library hours are posted on the front door.
Computer use in library by children and teens
Children 3rd grade and under will use the computers in the children's section. These computers do not have internet access. We feel this is safer for our young children. These computers have many games appropriate for this age. Children 10 and up are allowed to use the public computers with internet access however they must have permission slips signed by parents and follow all internet rules.
NO ONE 18 YEARS OLD AND UNDER IS ALLOWED TO BE ON
ANY FORM OF CHATROOM OR SOCIAL WEBSITE .
This includes, but is not limited to, Messenger, instant messaging myspace,
facebook, bebo and express mail on any service 1st offense - lose all
library privileges for two weeks2nd offense - lose all library privileges for
Stop in and see our children's library room. Here you will find a variety of books for preschoolers through 1st grade. We have board books, audio books. nonfiction books, picture books and all their favorite characters. We also have tables and chairs just their size to sit at and color or put puzzles together. There is also a place for parents to sit and read to your child.